Towards A Good Samaritan World

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

THE MORAL CHOICE

This gets to the heart of the matter:

President Bush comes from a position of love for his fellow man. Senator Kerry comes from a position of love of power and love of self.

I truly believe that the President has sound moral judgement, comes from a position of love for his fellow man...

As a Christian, a father, an American, a husband, a Naval Officer, as a man - I'm voting for George W. Bush.


[UPDATE: I wrote some commentary last night, then deleted it. But here's a case for Bush I wrote last May.]

[UPDATE II: Are bloggers allowed to do that? To delete stuff they wrote?

Well, we can do it, quite easily. It's a Blogger feature.

But if someone has quoted you and linked to you, you leave them high and dry if you delete the link. If you do it often, people might be reluctant to link to you. (To potential linkers: I won't do it often.)

Arguably, it might be part of the blogging ethic that once you post, it stays. Like the rule in a chess match that if you take your hand off the piece, the move is final. You can change your mind. You can apologize. But you can't delete the evidence that wrote it.

Most of the time, if I want to add something to a post, I will throw in the words "UPDATE" to let readers know it was added after the original post was written.

But heck. I used the word "crude" to describe this post, which was unfair, and the author was offended. I felt rotten about it. I didn't mean that, and I didn't want it on the blog. It's only been a few hours.

So, here's my ad hoc rule, which I'll follow from now on: I reserve the right to delete stuff within 24 hours. After that, it stays. I'll make it as rare as possible. And if something's been deleted, I'll leave an "UPDATE," just in case someone linked and quoted me.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home