Towards A Good Samaritan World

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Fred Barnes is worried about the growing influence of the paleocons because he's afraid that the paleocons will hurt the GOP electorally. I'm worried about paleocon influence because paleocons are bad people who must be opposed. My ideal situation is that Pat Buchanan is more or less formally disavowed by the Republicans. I'd like to see a definitive schism in the Republican party. Paleocons really belong in the Democratic Party; that's the party of reaction and close-mindedness in America.

If the paleocons do increase their influence in the GOP, I'll have to switch sides and support the Democrats. But that would be unfortunate because the Democrats are a pretty sorry lot right now, whereas the Republicans represent a really nice blend of ideas. So I support Fred Barnes here, but for different reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home