Towards A Good Samaritan World

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A TRIBUTE TO THE SOUTH

I've never lived in the South. I've been to New Orleans, Florida, and lived in northern Virginia. The first girl I ever kissed was from North Carolina. I've lived in the Rocky Mountain West, the Midwest, the Northeast, the Pacific Northwest, California.

The South disproportionately fills the military. They've produced some of America's best writers, like Mark Twain and William Faulkner. Rock-n-roll originated there-- Elvis is from there, and the Eagles. And now they've made a HUGE contribution to putting Bush in office a second time.

Why? What is about the South? I have a sense that the poor rural yeoman, and something about the tragic course of the South's history, has given them a wisdom that the rest of the country lacks.

Within Western civilization, only America has the firmness and courage to resist the trend towards appeasement. And within America, only the South stands firmly. Ah, it's beautiful to watch those 30%+ margins coming in for Bush!

This Yankee wants to express his heartfelt thanks to the South. For making this a country I can be proud of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home