Towards A Good Samaritan World

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

GET SOME LAUGHS OUT OF THE DEMOCRATS' DISTRESS

And not just from Mark Steyn; Douglas Kern is really funny too. "Hate's Labor Lost", from the Weekly Standard is also funny:

Bush-haters hate it when you call them Bush-haters. You should see my email. "Who are you to call anyone a hater, you filthy piece of [hate-filled expletive] ?????" wrote one baffled correspondent not long ago. Others, trying to dissuade me from using the term, take a more anecdotal approach. "Perhaps you will let me share a story," wrote another correspondent. "In the check-out line I met a young man wearing his Bush-Cheney button and I tried to engage him in dialogue. I told him I could not believe the venom that's been spewing forth from Republicans. He said, 'You don't like Bush?' I told him, no I did not, I did not have my head far enough up my ass to be a Republican. I suppose by your definition, then, you would consider me a Bush-hater?"

Well, yeah, I guess I would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home